Dessì, R. and Bevilacqua, M. and Gualdoni, E. and Rakotonirina, N.C. and Franzon, F. and Baroni M.
Cross-Domain Image Captioning with Discriminative Finetuning
CVPR 2023, Vancouver
Schick, T. and Dwivedi-Yu, J. and Dessì, R. and Raileanu, R. and Lomeli, M. and Zettlemoyer, L. and Cancedda, N. and Scialom T.
Toolformer: Language Models Can Teach Themselves to Use Tools
Mialon, G., and Dessì, R. and Lomeli, M., and Nalmpantis, C. and Pasunuru, R., and Raileanu, R. and Rozière, R. and Schick, T. and Dwivedi-Yu, J., and Celikyilmaz, A. and Grave, E., and LeCun, Y. and Scialom T.
Augmented Language Models: a Survey
Rakotonirina, N.C. and Dessì, R. and Petroni F., and Riedel S., and Baroni M.
Can discrete information extraction prompts generalize across language models?
ICLR 2023, Kigali
Dessì, R. and Gualdoni, E. and Franzon, F. and Boleda, G. and Baroni M.
Communication breakdown: On the low mutual intelligibility between human and neural captioning
EMNLP 2022, Abu Dhabi
Dessì, R. and Kharitonov, E. and Baroni M.
Interpretable agent communication from scratch (with a generic visual processor emerging on the side)
NeurIPS 2020, Virtual
Dessì, R. and Bouchacourt, D. and Crepaldi, D. and Baroni M.
Focus on What's Informative and Ignore What's not: Communication Strategies in a Referential Game
2019 Workshop on Emergent Commuincation at NeurIPS, Vancouver
Dessi, R. and Baroni, M.
CNNs found to jump around more skillfully than RNNs: Compositional generalization in seq2seq convolutional networks
ACL 2019, Florence
Di Gangi, M.A. and Negri, M. and Cattoni, R. and Dessì, R. and Turchi M.
Enhancing transformer for end-to-end speech-to-text translation
MT Summit 2019, Dublin
Di Gangi, M.A. and Dessì, R. and Cattoni, R. and Negri, M. and Turchi M.
Fine-tuning on Clean Data for End-to-End Speech Translation: FBK @ IWSLT 2018
IWSLT 2018, Bruges
- Tutorial on ”Emergent Language-Based Coordination In Deep Multi-Agent Systems” at EMNLP 2022. Presented together with Marco Baroni (Universitat Pompeu Fabra / ICREA) and Angeliki Lazaridou (DeepMind)
- Reviewer for ICML 2023, NeurIPS 2023, 2022, 2021; ICLR 2022 (selected as Highlighted Reviewer); ACL Rolling Review
(NAACL 2022, EMNLP 2022)
- Co-organizer of the Emergent Communication: New Frontiers workshop at ICLR 2022 and Talking to Strangers: Zero-Shot Emergent Communication workshop at NeurIPS 2020
- PC member for the Student Research Workshop at EACL 2022, and 2020, BlackboxNLP workshop at EMNLP 2021,
Cooperative AI workshop at NeurIPS 2021, Gamification and Multiagent Solutions workshop at ICLR 2022
- Organizer of the REST-CL (REtreat for STudents in Computational Linguistics) workshop, 11-14 April 2022
- Student volunteer at ACL 2019 in Florence
- Jan-Jun 2023: Industry mentor for UMass COMPSCI 696DS at UMass Amherst: 3 MSc students supervised for a semester long research project. Joint supervision with Adina Williams, Jack Lanchantin, Koustuv Sinha, Shubham Toshniwal
- Davide Locateli: MSc thesis at UPF, 2022
- Jan-June 2022: Industry mentor for UMass COMPSCI 696DS at UMass Amherst: 4 MSc students supervised for a semester long research project. Joint supervision with Marco Baroni
- Doctorato Industrial sponsored by the Government of Catalonia for a joint PhD program between FacebookAI and UPF
- CIMeC-SISSA scholarship
- Speaker at Pint of Science 2019 in Trieste. ”Language and AI: will we eve be able to talk with machines?”
- April 2023: Invited Talk at the Gaspard-Monge Computer Science lab (LIGM) of Ecole des Ponts ParisTech
- March 2023: Invited Talk at the Cognitive Science weekly seminar of Queen Mary University
- June 2022: Invited Talk at the Reinforcement Learning Symposium at the University of Bristol
- Maintainer of EGG: Emergence of lanGuage in Games (250+ stars), the main public repository for running language emergence experiments.